Friday, October 26, 2007

Not quite the biggest hole on Earth.

If you're getting tired of all the southern Illinois pics, this will probably be my last posting from there for a while. I discovered the Little Grand Canyon near Murphysboro, IL last spring after a day on the Great River Road. I went back to do some exploring, but I, admittedly, was spooked by a cave in a canyon wall (pictured below).



Last Sunday, I was able convince one of my buddies to be cougar bait and go explore the canyon floor with me (you don't have to be faster than the mountain lion - only faster than the person you're with). It turned out to be a lot of fun, and I hope to return again soon to climb and see more. These pictures really do lack in capturing the park, so I highly suggest visiting if you take the opportunity.


















No comments: