Thursday, April 3, 2008

All along the south-bound odyssey

I just finished 26 hours of nearly constant travelling, and we have arrived safe in Guate. Follow me through my day.
-
Here, I am leaving Augusta, GA at 5:40 AM EDT.
-

-
I pass through Atlanta, GA at 8:00 AM EDT. If you look at the full size photo you can see the windows blown of the Westin Hotel (in the center of the pic) from the tornado 2 1/2 weeks ago.
-
-
Then through Chattanooga at 10:00 AM EDT.
-

-
I arrive in Nashville, TN at 11:00 AM CDT. I meet MC for lunch at the always fantastic Pancake Pantry. I actually had the lunch, for once, and it was just as good as their breakfast.
-

-
I pass over the flooded Ohio River at 2:30 PM CDT. It's probably a mile past its banks into Kentucky.
-

-
I arrive home in St. Louis at 5:00 PM CDT. I spent about an hour and a half unloading my work car, finishing some paperwork, showering, and packing a new bag. Then off in my car by 6:45.
-

-
I made it to Springfield, IL at 8:20 PM CDT. I had to run a few errands, and then I made it to Kristi's around 9:00. (I realize the picture is blurry - not a steady night shot, but the bright light at the top of the pic is the state capitol dome).
-

-
We get to O'Hare International Airport by 12:30 AM CDT, and we were checked in through security by 1:15 AM. Just in time to catch a light nap before our 3:15 AM flight.
-

-
The flight hit some bad weather, so we didn't get our breakfast. I was able to sleep uncomfortably through most of the bad weather, and then I woke up and watched The Game Plan. Arrived at our hotel at 7:15 AM CST.
-

-
Kristi is taking a nap before Addi gets here, and I'm wide awake.
-
More to come...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Love you!

Dad

Michael, Karen and Morgan said...

i agree with Dad, thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Do you still have the beard? I'm glad that your keeping your sister safe.
Matt Wood

p.s. get some sleep!

Gary and Lisa Simpson said...

WOW! We really hope you have gotten some sleep since then! What a day! But I am sure seeing Kristi with the kiddo's made it all worth it.

Gary & Lisa

Shannon said...

I still cannot believe that you did all of that traveling in 24 hours - you are CRAZY! A good brother, but crazy! Be safe out there!