Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Open House

Welcome to my new home. Someday I may actually settle down and have a real house, but for now you can find me on the air in Cincinnati… excuse me, on-line. I've had the WKRP song in my head for the last few days while setting up this site.

A little synopsis about me: I'm currently 32 years old, and I work as a catastrophe adjuster for a nameless insurance company (nameless to protect me from repercussions from my employer). I rent a house with two friends (who are brothers) in St. Louis, but I've only spent about 5 months total in my own bed of the last 14+ months that I've "lived" there. I'm a proud central-Illinoisan, and I was born and raised in Litchfield. It will always be home, and I still get nostalgic for when I return. But, I have no plans to live in the area again. I've also lived in Nashville and Chicago.

The name Biennial Man is a reference to the fact I change my lifestyle (work, home, etc) on average of about every two years. It's never been intentional, but that's how it always seems to work out. I'll even admit that it's getting old, but I don't see me settling down anytime soon. I really enjoy the traveling life I have now, but maybe after the next move… And it will happen. I hope to at least stay in this job for longer than two years, though.

I've been a long time reader of various blogs. My first and favorite is already posted in the upper left corner:
The Agitator (he's been a blogfather to many). My buddy, Scott, has said for years that I should start a webpage. I never thought I'd have much to post -- and I'm still not sure that I will. However, the occasional mass e-mails I've sent in the past have been popular with a few. Well, my sister and Scott's wife have their own blogs now, and I realize that I can keep family and friends up to date with my whereabouts and travels at their own interest. Also, this way, I don't have to force my annoying rants in mass e-mails to those who really don't care what I think.

I hope you enjoy your time here, or at least find something interesting to take away from it. If you have any suggestions or requests, please feel free to let me know. The comment threads are open, but please keep in mind that my grandma is reading.

Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

stmclaughlin said...

About time! Oh, wait, I wasn't supposed to say that. Err, Good job!

Anonymous said...

... velly interesting :-)

dad

Lessen Family said...

Things that make you go hmmmmm..... ;0)