Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Making Love Out Of Nothing At All

There has been a recent trend of bloggers posting their first 10 shuffles on their IPods as a snapshot into their musical tastes. I thought it was funny and decided to post. I’m not ashamed by the majority of my music.

First ten shuffle songs on my IPod:

1. “Come Back Home” by Pete Yorn
2. “The Goat [Outtake]” by Randy Newman
3. “Slave” by David Garza
4. “I Want To Be Free” by Elvis Presley
5. “Fool For Love” by Sandy Rogers
6. “Paralyzed” by Elvis Presley
7. “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” by The Brian Setzer Orchestra
8. “Do The Right Thing” by George Strait
9. “Could You Be Loved” by Bob Marley & The Wailers
10. “It’s Midnight Cinderella” by Garth Brooks

I swear this wasn’t edited (I thought it was kind of boring), and there are a few songs on there I skip if when they play. I have over 7500 songs in my ITunes, and I don’t even like all of them.

Radley Balko upped the ante on his blog. He pointed out that many people don’t have any truly embarrassing songs listed on their shuffle, so he challenged people to post their 5 most embarrassing songs. Believe me, I have many more than just five songs for which I’m embarrassed, but even more so the following are songs I really do enjoy listening (and that’s not easy to own up). The songs are not ranked, because they are all equally embarrassing.

5 most embarrassing guilty pleasures:

“Teardrops On My Guitar” by Taylor Swift
“Xanadu” by Olivia Newton-John
“Big Girls Don’t Cry” by Fergie
“We Belong Together” by Mariah Carey
“Rock Your Body” by Justin Timberlake

I'm not really sure that I can explain why I like these songs. This is a very small sample of music that I have, so I still feel every right to retain my man card. I have more Elvis, Frank & Willie than anything else. 'Nuff said.

3 comments:

Lessen Family said...

Do you have Air Supply or are you just "using" their lyric? Guilty pleasures...

Steve Simpson said...

I do have some Air Supply, but it's much more embarrassing than a guilty pleasure.

Cassie said...

I have a healthy mix of John Denver, Erasure, Air Supply, and Amy Grant in my "Guilty Pleasures" stash...the last two always take me back to the high school, "Baby, Baby" era.