Tuesday, February 5, 2008

With adverts comments they promote

SUPER FAT TUESDAY (as coined by my sister, Kristi).

Anyway, in case you haven't heard all the screaming from the talking heads, it's primary/caucus day across much of the country. It's also Mardi Gras. I'm heading 'home' this morning (where I still keep my voter registration) to pull that lever ...okay, Litchfield is not a backward, country town. I'll be punching the ticket as I had previously explained. I don't know if I'll be braving Soulard tonight, though. I'm not much of a fan of large crowds.

Vote early ...and vote often!
________________

UPDATE:

1. The "Vote early and vote often" bit was a joke, but I almost made it a reality. When I walked in the lady identified me as my brother, Mike. I corrected her and told her I'm Steve, and I pulled out my driver's license to show as ID. Not one single election judge asked for my identification. I could have voted as my brother, and then returned this afternoon when they change judges to vote again as myself. Small town or not, they were still susceptible to voter fraud.

2. Litchfield not only does not use levers, but it also does not use punch cards anymore. They have updated to a new bubble scanner system, and I insert my ballot into the machine myself. The machine tallies how many folks had voted before me. I was the 96th person to vote in that precinct.

1 comment:

Lessen Family said...

It's Super Phat Tuesday :0)