Friday, January 4, 2008

Remember to let her into your heart

My beloved Aunt Judy passed away last night. She has been the one constant connection with my mom's family for the last 20 years, and a surrogate grandmother. Many of the photos I've posted from southern Illinois recently have been when I've gone to visit her. Her home in Marion was always a stopping point between Nashville and Litchfield, and every afternoon on Christmas Eve we spent with her (until this past since I missed Christmas while working in Oklahoma). Not to mention all the other times I would go see her, because I wanted to.

There's so much more I could say, but she will always have a special place in our hearts and in our family.

1 comment:

UKNat said...

Steve, I'm so sorry you lost your aunt Judy. I don't think it ever matters how old someone is, it's still hard to let them go. Natalie